Tracey Lee Cassin is an award winning artist who grew up in Nelson, but now lives in Whakatane, in the beautiful Bay of Plenty, of New Zealand.
Mainly self taught, her artistic style is contemporary abstract, often with the inclusion of natural and botanical elements, with works in private collections in New Zealand, Australia, USA, and Italy.
Her practice is multi faceted and explores many artistic aspects, in particular the fundamentals of space, shape and colour using a variety of mediums, which include oils, watercolours, ink and acrylics.
She is also a artistic photographer, with a special interest in inspirational quotation photography.
Tracey Lee is the creative director and owner of 'Mia Bella Passions - Art, Home and Garden Website', which she began in 2012 to share her love of creativity, design and decor styling.
As an Artistic Designer for Vida & Co, a US based company, her artwork is available in an apparel and homewares collection..
- 'Abstract' 2017 Art Exhibition - Special Recognition Award - Light,Space And Time Online Gallery.
- 'Cityscapes' 2017 Art Exhibition - Special Merit Award - Light, Space And Time Online Art Gallery.
- Aroha Love Group Exhibition -The Art Lounge NZ -Tauranga - December 2016
- World Inspired - Group exhibition artist - Creative Tauranga - July 2016
- Sunshine & A Canvas - The Great Rotary Art Expo - exhibiting artist - June 2016
- IMAGO MUNDI - Benetton World Art Project - contributing contemporary artist for New Zealand Permanent Collection - 'Kiwi Consciousness' - Treviso, Italy - February 2016
- Artistic Designer - Vida Voices - USA - January 2016 to present.
- Hibiscus And Bays Art Awards, Auckland, New Zealand - November 2015 - Selected exhibiting artist/Merit Award
- Creative Bay Of Plenty Artist @ http://www.creativebop.org.nz/artists/tracey-lee-cassin - 2015 to present.
- Creative Director - Mia Bella Passions (Art, Home & Garden website) - September 2012 to present
- Exhibition - Whakatane Museum & Gallery, New Zealand - April 1999
- Molly Morpeth Canaday Art Award - January 1998 - Selected Exhibiting Artist
- Molly Morpeth Canaday Art Award - January 1996- Selected Exhibiting Artist
My artworks are inspired by my photography, dreams, emotions, love of flowers, nature and the lyrics of music.
The images that are created merge reality with imagination, and evoke emotions often using intense, vibrant contrasting colour combinations.
My artistic style is Contemporary, which often incorporates abstract, natural or botanical elements using oils, acrylic, or watercolour and ink.